Friday, March 10, 2017

Amanda Motts goes to states

Western High school girls gymnastics has become of much talk recently, most likely due to all their hard work and great wins this year. Western Gymnastics ended the season this year with another strong and beautiful performance at the 2017 Regional Finals held at Grand Ledge High School. The team scored a 124.4.

Senior Amanda Motts had another stand out performance placing 3rd on Floor  which is her favorite event, with a 9.35,  which contributed to her qualifying for state finals. Amanda had a great day overall, and placed in the top 10 in the all around competition.

“I know I have the skills, I just am afraid sometimes to do them. I sometimes struggle with continuing to do them. I’m working on a new tumbling pass which I will be doing now at states.” Motts said about her struggles and frustrations during the season.

Getting ready for big meets such as regionals and states can sometimes be hard on the gymnasts, but not all prepare.

“I try not to think about it too much, because if I do then it doesn’t help me compete to my full potential and it ends up making me more nervous.”  said Amanda on how she tries not to “prepare” for big meets.

Motts says “ I’d really like to place top ten at states, and beat school record because I’m really close to beating it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment