Friday, September 30, 2016

Girls golf preview


On Tuesday, September 18th, he Varsity girls golf team played in a jamboree at Marshall Country Club. Teams that they played against included Harper Creek and a few others. The varsity team members who played were Madison Whiting (12), Amanda Motts (12), Rachel Mayotte (12), Hailey Cunningham, (11) Danielle Rand (11), and Rachel Polich (10). Madison Whiting shot a 53, Hailey Cunningham shot a 57, and Rachel Polich a 58. Conferences will be on Monday, October 3rd, and if they qualify, Regionals will be on Thursday, October 6th.
I also interviewed Rachel Polich, sophomore, about her experiences on the team.
  • What is your favorite part about playing golf?
  • Making new friends with the upperclassmen, and getting to be on varsity is pretty swell.
  • Individually, what are your strengths and weaknesses?
  • I’m one of the best putters on the team, and I’m pretty good at chipping too. One thing I really need to work on though is my technique, especially my fairway game.
  • In 3 words, how would you describe your teammates?
  • Creative, independent, and awesome.
  • Favorite memory from this season?
  • My favorite memory from this season was when we were at McDonald’s and Rachel Mayotte was trying to be really polite to the server, and she said “Thank you, sir” but the server was actually a woman. We were all laughing and she was really embarrassed.
  • Do you plan to continue playing golf after high school? 
  • I’ll probably play for fun - I’m not that serious about it.
  • What are your personal goals for the rest of the season?
  • My personal goal is to break 100.


- MP

No comments:

Post a Comment